High Holy Days for 5777(2016)
A full schedule of services and events are planned for this Year!
Everyone is welcome.
The links to services and music are listed here.
Recent Beth Israel News:
Many significant events have occurred in the past year!
Here are some of the highlights:
- NEW! Thanks to Cantor Litvack. Along with a sincere thank-you from BIS to Cantor Litvack for his High Holy Day services, this note includes links to his interviews on the “Shining Waters” radio program and CHEX T.V.
- NEW! Cantor Litvack’s interview on a Peterborough radio program. Talking about the High Holy Days and Rededication of the Sefer Torahs.
- NEW! Peterborough Jewish Community in mykawartha.com Go to our News page for a brief description and link.
- The music video of “Children on the Beach” by Dan Houpt is now available. Find out more at our Member Contributions page.
- N’Able Bagel makes into the news again. See our News page.
- Our new Member Contributions web page now has a second contribution: Ziy von B’s poem entitled “Alpha”. She recited the poem at the Community Seder held this past Pesach at Beth Israel.
- We have a new web page entitled: Member Contributions. The first contribution is “Children on the Beach” by Dan Houpt. Find out more.
- Reflections on the support of the Muslim Community since the burning of the Peterborough Mosque, November 16, 2015.
- Canter Litvack’s Story.
- Corey’s journey to Israel. See the video. It’s great!!
- Kawartha SPEAKS community health care fundraiser (April 27th) has JCC President as speaker.
- Journey to Israel: Corey Teichman.
- Muslim services at Beth Israel.
- Beth Israel expresses Community solidarity.
- N’Able Bagel.
Please see our JCC Peterborough News page for these and other news items.
Refugee Fundraiser Dance
Organized by the Peterborough Abraham Festival Committee, the fundraiser dance was a wonderful and fun event!! It took place on February 20th. Thanks to Dr. Dan and the Indian River Band for their Rock’n and a-Roll’n and a truly inspirational version of the Hora. Thanks to all the volunteers who helped to make this event happen and of course thanks to all event participants.
Thanks to those of you who participated in our survey! Results to be made available. Contact Beth Israel if you have any questions about the survey.
WELCOME TO THE J.C.C.
The Jewish Community Centre of Peterborough welcomes you to its virtual home! We hope our website will give you good reason to visit our real home of mortar and bricks and to enjoy our friendly hospitality.
For the past few years we have opened wide our doors to numerous Not for Profit organizations, and Charities in the region for use of our space. We especially make our rates very affordable to the Not for Profit Sector, and enjoy a great relationship to those groups who exhibit unique contributions to working with those persons of any age, with “Special Needs” in the region.
We as well make our facilities available to numerous other organizations for use, such as fundraising events, film nights, staff and parent training workshops, music/dance rehearsals, even recital competitions and other community groups involved in the Arts and music scene.
In regards to the Beth Israel Congregation, we are an egalitarian (modern-reformed) motivated by a spectrum of community interests and spiritual aspirations, and pride ourselves on realizing not only meaningful Jewish experiences, but those of other denominations and cultures.
If you or your group would like to tour or receive more information on the possible use of our modern and clean facilities, please do not hesitate to contact our General Manager “Joe Teichman” via email at, email@example.com