Recent Beth Israel Events and News:
Many significant events have occurred in the past year or are about to happen here at Beth Israel!
Here are some of the highlights:
- New Events and News
- CANCELLED Kabbalat Shabbat: Friday December 13th.
- Latke Fry: Saturday December 14th. A day of latke making planned…yummy. Details at Calendar and Activities page.
- Chanukah Party: Sunday December 22nd. Details about the party and how to obtain Chanukah candles can be found at the Calendar and Activities page.
- Jewcrew Kids Club Events. New schedule is available at the Children’s Activity page. Lots of learning and lots of laughter!
- Lirit Women’s Chamber Choir performance at Beth Israel to be on Cogeco TV cable. Details at our News page.
- Abraham Festival website has Dr. Dan Houpt’s moving song called ‘Words’. Details can be found at this link.
- Canadian Jewish Soldiers in WWII. Presentation by Author, Journalist and Historian Ellin Bessner. Ellin gave a presentation at Beth Israel on November 12th about her research and published book called: ‘Double Threat: Canadian Jews, The Military and World War II. Details at the Calendar and Activities page and the News page. Links to a recent CHEX-TV interview and a Peterborough Examiner story about Ellin’s book can be found there.
Please see our Calendar and Activities page for upcoming and past events.
Please see our JCC Peterborough News page for more news items of interest.
WELCOME TO THE J.C.C.
The Jewish Community Centre of Peterborough welcomes you to its virtual home! We hope our website will give you good reason to visit our real home of mortar and bricks and to enjoy our friendly hospitality.
For the past few years we have opened wide our doors to numerous Not for Profit organizations, and Charities in the region for use of our space. We especially make our rates very affordable to the Not for Profit Sector, and enjoy a great relationship to those groups who exhibit unique contributions to working with those persons of any age, with “Special Needs” in the region.
We as well make our facilities available to numerous other organizations for use, such as fundraising events, film nights, staff and parent training workshops, music/dance rehearsals, even recital competitions and other community groups involved in the Arts and music scene.
In regards to the Beth Israel Congregation, we are an egalitarian (modern-reformed) motivated by a spectrum of community interests and spiritual aspirations, and pride ourselves on realizing not only meaningful Jewish experiences, but those of other denominations and cultures.
If you or your group would like to tour or receive more information on the possible use of our modern and clean facilities, please do not hesitate to contact our General Manager “Joe Teichman” via email at, email@example.com